There are also some useful links to help you with exporting from the UK at the end of this article.
- What is the difference between a packing crate and a packing case ?
Packing cases or boxes (they are the same) are solid on all sides. It surrounds the contents with timber cladding and is fully secure. Packing crates have slatted sides and top and solid base, leaving the contents fully visible. Ideal for facilitating customs inspections, reducing the need for re-packaging after a thorough investigation!
- Can I use my own boxes / packaging? Yes you can but we can take care of all your packing needs, nothing is too big or too small.
- I have bought a large item from an auction, can you pack and send it to me ?
Yes, we can send auction items to any destination in the UK or abroad.
- I have sold an item on Ebay can you package and deliver it ?
Yes we can send Ebay items anywhere in the world whether it be ice to Iceland or sand to the Sahara desert we can deliver anything-anywhere
- Our company exports delicate components overseas can you help ?
We can send virtually any item to any destination; see the blog Packing, shipping and exporting to the Antarctica – Halley VI Research centre https://exportpackers.co.uk/blog/halley-vi-packing-shipping-exporting-antarctica/
- We intend to relocate overseas can you package large and expensive items ?
We have moved complete factories from the UK to Brazil and can provide all your moving and removal packaging services.
- I don’t know how to satisfy ISPM 15 customs requirements, can you help ?
We can fulfill all your ISPM 15 customs export requirements, let us take the strain.
- Are your materials from renewable sources and do they comply with ISPM 15 regulations ?
Wherever possible we obtain our timber from renewable sources and it is treated to ISPM15 standards. All our packaging is recyclable.
- Does the size of my cargo make a difference?
No size doesn’t matter! We package and ship anything from liqueur bottles to complete factories.
- Where would I get a container ?
Don’t panic, we have our own shipping containers and can arrange for the use of a container on your behalf.
- Can you package antiques and fine art ?
Yes we can pack large, awkward, delicate and valuable items and we will arrange all transportation.
- Is there a limit to the number of items I can send?
No, we send anything from a Jiffy bag to a full 40′ container.
- Who insures my goods while they are being shipped?
- We can arrange and insure your item’s or help you to insure them.
- What classifies as dangerous cargo?
- Flammable liquids
- Flammable solids
- Oxidising substances
- Toxic /Infectious substances
- Radioactive material
- Corrosive substances
- Miscellaneous / dangerous goods and material
Open to Export
A Wide range of support exists to help UK exporters and would-be exporters to tackle virtually of the issues and challenges they are likely to face, helping them become established in International markets.
Advice about Importing and exporting